I actually married pretty young and I don't actually feel old.
I'm not sure what I thought it would be like, but here are a few things I've learned and am learning.
1. Paying bills isn't quite as scary as I thought. I paid my credit cards but he did the rest. I was terrified. But you know, I'm figuring it out.... Thanks Google calendar.
2. I can pay taxes.
3. I hate having to remember to take the garbage out to the curb.
4. Spiders still freak me out.
5. I'm actually pretty clever at unclogging drains.
6. I'm not ready to date. Out of curiousity I looked at some dating sites. (Actually, I'd love to someone from England and settle there--why not dream big?) But now I can't get off their sites and I'm not willing to pay, so all those nice gentlemen.... I'm assuming they're nice... that have tried to message me, I'm really not a snob. I'm just poor, suspicious and terrified.
7. Interesting. There hasn't been pee on the toilet since he left. So much for him telling me it was my fault.
I was never told that I was beautiful. I was never told that I was loved. I was never told that I was special. And I felt lonely in my own house.
Know what? Even though I sleep alone, I'm not lonely any more.